In need of new tires? It’s understandable to be a bit overwhelmed by the experience of researching your options and browsing the vast selection on the market.
The good news is we’re here to help. Here are a few tips to help you through the process of purchasing new tires so you can keep up with your necessary car maintenance:
- Determine if replacement is necessary: Before you even investigate the options available on the market, you should check and see if replacing the tires is actually necessary. The simplest test to perform is to insert a penny into the tire tread with Lincoln’s head facing down toward the center of the tire. If you can see Lincoln’s full head, that means the tread has worn down to the point where the tire needs to be replaced. Replacement might also be necessary if you have cracking or bloating in the sidewall or other parts of the tire.
- Check manufacturer’s instructions: You can significantly narrow down your search by getting some instructions from your manufacturer’s guide about the specific guidelines you should follow with your tire search. There are likely necessary dimensions and other elements you need to consider in your search, so get that info straight from the manufacturer.
- Codes: Check your existing tire’s codes on the sidewall to find information not just about dimensions but also about load rating and recommended speed rating. These should be key parts of your search.
- Know what you need: What exactly are you looking for from your replacement tires? Do you want to get more traction or control? Are you looking for a longer time before the tires wear down? Maybe a quieter ride? This will help you narrow down your search.
- Look at multiple sources: To get the best combination of prices and quality you will need to do a little bit of shopping around. With the internet, it fortunately doesn’t take a whole lot of work to collect prices to help you make your decision. You can always call or email a potential tire supplier if you can’t find the information you’re looking for online.
- Get reviews: Before you make any purchase decisions, be sure to read reviews of the tires online. You should be able to find good reviews from commercial sources like Consumer Reports, and you can also find customer feedback on sites that sell the tires you’re looking for. Get as much information as you can about the tires before you decide whether they’ll be a good purchase for your needs.
- Set a budget: Once you have an idea of how much you’ll need to spend to get a good set of tires, set a budget and do your best to stick within it.
Looking for additional car maintenance tips, including how you can keep your tires in great shape? We encourage you to contact us today at Gabriel’s Automotive & Towing with any questions you have for our team of experts.
Categorised in: Tires in Chino CA
This post was written by Writer