An awful odor coming from your vehicle’s AC or heater can turn any car ride into a nightmare and deter any passengers from choosing to ride in your vehicle. A variety of different things can cause odors to come from your car vents. Before your automotive technician fixes a bad smell coming from your car’s AC in Chino, CA, they have to know about the particular odor you’re noticing. Keep reading to learn more about the most common smells and what they could mean:
- Dank and musty: A musty smell coming from the vent often indicates fungus, mold or bacteria growth somewhere in the cooling system. Turning your AC off a few minutes before you turn your car off can help dry up the moisture that’s breeding the fungus or mold, mitigating the smell for the time being.
- Dusty and dirty: As you can imagine, air filters collect a variety of pollutants over time. Once there’s too much dust, dirt, pollen and other allergens trapped in the filter, the odor can be passed into your vehicle’s cabin. Replace your air filters every 10,000 to 15,000 miles to prevent this smell.
- Sickly sweet: Antifreeze is known for its sickly-sweet scent. If you smell this coming from your vents, you know there’s a serious problem under the hood. See a professional mechanic immediately to diagnose and correct the issue.
- Gasoline smell: Smelling gas when you turn on your AC or heater typically means there’s a fuel leak. This is another big cause for concern, as it indicates an issue with the fuel system. Schedule automotive repair right away to fix this bad smell from your car heater in Chino, CA.
- Rotten eggs: Critters often make a home for themselves under the hood—especially if your car has been idle for some time. And when they die and begin to decompose, they emit that rotten egg smell. The only way to remove this odor is to find and remove the animal’s body.
We’re your go-to shop to remedy bad smells
Don’t live with that bad smell from your car heater in Chino, CA one more second—come to Gabriel’s Automotive & Towing. These are the reasons customers come to us to fix their vehicles’ problems:
- Expert diagnosis: With nearly 40 years of industry experience, you can count on our team to give an expert diagnosis as to what’s causing that bad smell coming from your vent. Once we’ve identified the problem, we’ll set to work correcting it.
- Fast repairs: We don’t keep your car in the shop for weeks on end before it can be repaired. We work as quickly and diligently as possible to get you and your car back on the road.
- Full-service team: If you thought we just work on ACs and heaters, think again! From oil changes to brake replacement and transmission overhauls, we’re able to meet all of your vehicle’s maintenance and repair requirements.
This problem probably won’t go away on its own, so come to Gabriel’s Automotive & Towing as soon as you notice a bad smell coming from your car’s AC in Chino, CA. We have years of experience dealing with AC issues and smells, so you can trust we’ll set your car straight.
Categorised in: Auto Air Conditioning
This post was written by Writer