Believe it or not, it’s already spring, which means summer is right around the corner! We all enjoy the warmer and longer days, but that summer heat can take a major toll on our vehicles. To prevent any damage and to keep comfortable during your commute, follow these tips for summer car maintenance in Chino, CA:
- Check the AC: It might seem insignificant at first, but you really want to ensure your air conditioning is working before summer heat sets in. Auto air conditioning maintenance in Chino, CA doesn’t just ensure that you’ll stay nice and cool—it can also keep your engine from overheating.
- Change the oil: You should be changing your motor oil every few thousand miles as it is, but it’s always a good idea to swap your oil right before summer. Use an oil with thicker viscosity to better protect your engine on hot days.
- Top off fluids: While you’re at it, top off the rest of the fluids in your vehicle. Transmission fluid, antifreeze, brake fluid and windshield washer fluid should all be at the right levels before summer sets in. Talk to your mechanic if you’re unsure about adding these fluids yourself.
- Inspect the tires: Summertime often means long family road trips. If a road trip is on your agenda this summer, make sure your tires are fully inflated, and that they have the proper tread level. Keep in mind that hot asphalt can cause tires to weaken faster, so consider replacing them sooner rather than later.
- Check the brakes: Good brakes are the key to staying safe on the road this summer! If you’ve noticed any squealing or grinding, bring your car to a mechanic to get a new set. Even if you haven’t noticed any problems, it can’t hurt to have a pro check them out.
- Get a radiator checkup: Wear and tear on a radiator’s core can lead to leakage and an overheated engine, which is the last thing you want to deal with on a hot summer day. Professional summer car maintenance in Chino, CA should include a radiator flush, which will help to keep you safe and sound.
- Test the battery: High temperatures can take quite a toll on your car’s battery, which means you might drain it before the summer’s over. Avoid a dead battery by having your mechanic test it out and replace it if necessary.
- Replace the wipers: Even though we might not get much rain this summer, it’s not a bad idea to replace your windshield wipers. New wiper blades give you better visibility during rainstorms, ensuring you get from point A to point B safely.
- Clean and wax: Everyone loves the appearance of a nice, clean car, but keeping your car clean can actually also help to prevent scratches and rust buildup. Spend an hour or two and really make your vehicle shine!
Summer will be here before you know it! Bring your car to Gabriel’s Automotive & Towing today for a full tune-up, including auto air conditioning maintenance in Chino, CA.
Categorised in: Auto Air Conditioning
This post was written by Writer