The worst thing that can happen in your car on the hottest day of the year (aside from completely breaking down) is having a problem with the AC and needing to get auto AC repair in Chino, CA as soon as possible. The best way to avoid this problem is to take care of your vehicles air conditioning system all year long, but especially in the summer. Follow these maintenance tips to avoid AC problems and catch them before them become bigger issues:
- Check the condenser: To properly take care of your car, sometimes you just have to look under the hood. That’s one of the first places the mechanic will look if you take your car in for auto AC repair in Chino, CA. In front of the radiator is the condenser, which is prone to clogging. Try putting a garden hose on medium power and direct the flow right through the grille’s louvers to clear out the contaminants from the condenser.
- Check the cabin filter: Inside your vehicle’s cabin, there should be an air filter. This is what sends the air from the system under the hood into the interior cabin. You can find the filter under the dashboard, under the hood or sometimes even inside the glove box. Pull it out and clean out any debris. When you replace it, you should notice an improvement.
- Check the cooling fan: Another area of problems for your AC could be in the cooling fan. If there is no air coming out of your vents at all, it could be that your cooling fan isn’t working. The cooling fan is another component found under the hood, and if it’s determined to be the problem, you’ll need to take your car to visit a mechanic for auto AC repair in Chino, CA, because it will need to be replaced.
- Check the compressor: The compressor in your car is what compresses the low-temperature refrigerant gas into a high-pressure, high-temperature gas and sends the refrigerant to the condenser. If the serpentine belt is turning correctly, the compressor should be turning as well. If you think your compressor is at fault, you probably want to take your car to a mechanic to have it examined, unless you have the tools and experience to do the job yourself.
- Air conditioning testing: If you can’t figure out what the problem is, a mechanic can use specialty testing and scanning tools to determine the cause of the problem and perform the necessary auto AC repair in Chino, CA. Other issues that could be causing your AC problems could be a bad thermostat, bad clutch oil or problems with other components. Any of these problems will require a professional to examine and fix.
Gabriel’s Automotive & Towing provides full-service automotive care, including auto AC repair in Chino, CA. We provide excellent customer service, affordable prices and excellent quality. With nearly three decades in business, you can be sure your car and air conditioner will be back up and running in no time. Bring your vehicle by for an examination today!
Categorised in: AC Repair
This post was written by Writer