Car Hacks: Five Easy Ways to Improve Your Ride from Your Auto Mechanic in Chino, CAFebruary 12, 2018 8:27 pm Leave your thoughts
Ride jealousy—that moment when your neighbor or your coworker pulls up in a brand new ride with amazing horsepower, all the new technology and, of course, that new car smell. While you know that the new car smell comes with a new car price, that doesn’t shake your sudden desire to go out and buy a new car yourself. Well, before you do that, here are a few easy and inexpensive tips from an auto mechanic in Chino, CA to make your old car feel like new again:
- Replace your floor mats and get some seat covers: Floor mats are the first things in your car to start to look worn and dirty, but thankfully they are also one of the easiest things to replace. You can pick up replacement floor mats at almost any auto store or, if you are willing to spend a few extra bucks, you can get replacements from the dealership or have custom mats made. Whichever route you choose, you’ll be amazed how some new floor mats can make your car interior look like new.
- Get some new technology: Even if your car is only a few years old, chances are the technology and audio system is outdated. Thankfully, updating these systems is more affordable than it used to be. You can swap out an old CD or cassette audio system for one that syncs with your smart phone for as little as $80. If you really want a cheap fix, they have plug-ins for your cigarette lighter that will allow you to tune in your radio station to your smart phone. Instant audio upgrade!
- Get professional car detailing service: We’re not talking about a drive-thru car wash. We mean a professional detail cleaning. Most detail cleanings cover everything from the carpets to the air vents, and they typically cost less than $100. Your car interior will look and smell like new.
- Organize your console: There are lots of console organizers out there to fit any vehicle. They not only help you keep your car organized and put the things you need within reach at all times, but some of them also come with really cool features like charging ports and cooler compartments.
- Repaint: Repainting your vehicle can get expensive, but it’s still less money than buying a new vehicle. Plus, repainting not only gives your car a fresh new look, it also helps protect it from rust and other damage and covers up scratches and minor dents.
Don’t let ride jealousy get you down. Try any of these simple car hacks and you’ll get that new car feel without the side effects of sticker shock. If you’re looking for simple ways to improve your car’s performance as well, stop in to Gabriel’s Automotive & Towing, your local auto mechanic in Chino, CA. We can do an assessment of your vehicle and let you know what maintenance and repairs can help you get the most out of your ride!
Categorised in: Auto Mechanic
This post was written by Writer