Make Your Car Last Longer Through Regular Maintenance and MoreNovember 7, 2017 11:50 pm Leave your thoughts
Having a car can be both a privilege and a hardship, depending on how things are going. On the one hand, transportation is simpler, and you can save money by not having to constantly buy bus or metro tickets. You can even carpool to cut down on emissions and mileage. But on the other hand, cars have their own expenses such as repairs and insurance. And with gas prices being as high as they are right now, that means you’re spending even more of your hard-earned dough on car costs than ever.
The good news is that there are ways to save money on car ownership, and one of the best ways is by working with a fair and honest auto mechanic in Chino Hills, CA to keep your car running well. Think about it—you could spend a lot of money to buy or lease a new car every five or seven years, or you could pay small amounts over time to keep your current vehicle going strong. Why not choose the latter? Here are just a few ways to get started:
- Drive smart: Before you even get into maintenance, make sure your habits are solid behind the wheel. You can vastly slow down wear and tear simply by paying attention to your surroundings and being gentle with your vehicle. This means slowing down and speeding up at appropriate intervals (not gunning the engine and slamming on the brakes), looking out for potholes and not screeching around corners too quickly. Thoughtful driving will prolong the life of the wheels, engine, brakes and other components.
- Stay cool: In addition to keeping your engine appropriately lubed and functioning, making sure the cooling system is in order is also extremely important. You will save yourself thousands of dollars down the road in costly repairs just by making sure the cooling system is keeping your engine from melting down.
- Change and replace fluids and filters: There are a few basic maintenance tasks that should be completed on time and on a regular schedule. For example, get your oil changed and check the fluid levels on a regular basis. You will also help your car out a lot if you have the air filters changed regularly, because your engine cannot perform at its best if air is not passing through properly.
- Keep your tires full: Tires are often overlooked, which is a shame, because keeping them properly inflated makes a big difference. Check your car’s PSI regularly, and if you notice that your tires seem to be losing air frequently, make sure to alert your mechanic, as you most likely have a leak.
- Get on your mechanic’s schedule: One of the best things you can do for your car right now is to find a reliable auto mechanic in Chino Hills, CA and set up regular intervals for checkups. Bringing your car in regularly will allow your mechanic to get to know your vehicle, and ensure that any necessary repairs or improvements are taken care of right away.
If you’re looking for a new mechanic to help you keep your vehicle operating smoothly, visit Gabriel’s Automotive & Towing today. We bring years of experience to our work and look forward to helping you care for your car!
Categorised in: Auto Mechanic
This post was written by Writer