Why Won’t My Car’s AC Blow Cold Air?August 1, 2017 9:21 pm Leave your thoughts
There’s nothing like the sweet relief of cool blowing air once you turn on your car following a summer hike or a trek through the grocery store parking lot in hot temperatures. Life without vehicle AC during the summer months can be absolutely miserable. That’s why it’s so important that you identify any issues early and then take your car in for AC repair in Chino, CA. An air conditioner unable to blow cold air may be caused by a multitude of different problems that could be fixed by either you or a professional.
Here are five possible reasons why your car air conditioner isn’t blowing cold air:
- Needs recharging: This is the most likely reason why your air conditioner isn’t working properly. Eventually, the refrigerants will need to be recharged for the AC to function. If you’re not comfortable doing this yourself, a specialist in AC repair in Chino, CA can complete the job in no time.
- Leaking Freon: Your air conditioner uses a chemical known as Freon to cool the air. It requires a specific amount of Freon to operate and keep your car cool, but it will be unable to do its job if the Freon leaks or runs too low. Adding more Freon could fix the problem. If it’s a leak, you’ll need to have the hoses and other system components checked and replaced by a qualified auto mechanic.
- Low refrigerant: Low refrigerant is another common problem. It prevents the clutch from kicking in when you turn on the system, which makes the compressor cycle without any results. This can be caused by everything from a leak to malfunctioning electrical components to failing parts, so it’s best to let a professional determine the true cause.
- Broken condenser: The cold air can’t blow out from the condenser if it’s being blocked by debris or a broken part. Removing the blockage should fix the problem relatively easily.
- Stuck blend air door: A small hatch inside of your car’s ventilation system moves every time you switch your air conditioner from hot to cold or vice versa. This hatch, known as the blend air door, can become stuck due to regular usage or a broken component. If the heat was turned on in your car when the blend air door became stuck, this could be the reason why it’s only blowing out warm air. Don’t attempt to fix this one on your own, as it can be very tricky.
You don’t have to spend all summer sweating in your car just because your air conditioner won’t seem to work. The professionals at Gabriel’s Automotive & Towing can get to the bottom of the problem, whatever its cause may be. Our locally owned and family operated auto shop is always ready to provide you with full automotive maintenance, repair and towing services. Call us today to schedule a time to bring your car by for AC repair or AC replacement in Chino, CA—we look forward to helping you!
Categorised in: AC Repair
This post was written by Writer