Prepare Your Car for Summer in Chino, CAApril 1, 2021 10:04 pm Leave your thoughts
The weather is heating up, the COVID-19 vaccine is here and, if you’re like most Californians, you’re probably itching to hit the road as soon as possible. You’re ready, but is your car ready for a hot Chino summer? If you haven’t been keeping up with your regular auto care in Chino, CA, it’s time to take your vehicle in for a pre-summer tune-up. Here’s how to prepare your car for summer:
- Make sure the air conditioner works: First and foremost, you need to make sure your air conditioner works. It’s hard to have a fun summer when your vehicle feels more like an Easy-Bake Oven. Run your car for a few minutes, then switch on the AC to make sure it feels icy-cold inside. If not, take your car in to the shop to get that taken care of—before we start seeing 100-plus-degree days.
- Check the radiator fluid levels: Watch the temperature gauge on your dashboard, too. If your car is constantly running hot, you might need to replace or top off the radiator fluid. If you don’t know how to do that, your friendly repair tech can handle the job.
- Consider an oil change: How long has it been since your last oil change? (You’re keeping track, right?) If you’re approaching the next deadline—or have long since passed it—make sure to change your oil before summer arrives. The last thing you want is to get stuck on the side of the road when you can fry an egg on the asphalt.
- Test the battery: Extreme temperatures can wreak havoc on your battery, so test it before it starts getting really hot. (Your local repair shop can help with this.) If it’s nearing the end of its useful lifespan, you might consider replacing it before it dies entirely.
- Replace the windshield wiper blades and fluid: You probably won’t need to use your windshield wipers much during the summer, but it’s always smart to have fresh wiper blades and fluid ready to go. You never know when the next round of bugs will decide to make your windshield their final resting place.
- Check your brakes: Are your brakes responsive, silent and effective? If the answer to any of these questions was negative, be sure to take your car to the shop as soon as possible. Your brakes are crucial to your safety and that of others on the road, so they need to be in great shape.
- Make sure the tire pressure is safe: Finally, test your tire pressure. Heat can cause the pressure to fluctuate, so make sure it’s still in the safe range. This will ensure your tires wear evenly throughout the summer.
Taking care of your vehicle is the best way to ensure it lasts—and it also makes it less likely you’ll end up sweltering in a broken-down car at the height of summer! For help with all your auto care needs in Chino, CA, reach out to Gabriel’s Automotive & Towing today.
Categorised in: Car Maintenance
This post was written by Writer