While you’re making your New Year’s resolutions, don’t just stop at your own personal goals and ambitions for the year. Consider how you can take better care of your vehicle in 2019 as well!
Here are some ideas for resolutions that will benefit your car in the coming year, so you don’t have to spend as much time and money at an auto mechanic in Chino, CA:
- Cleaning: You should always make it a point to keep the exterior of your vehicle clean, washing it every couple weeks or so. But you should also be sure to keep up with cleaning the interior as well. A lot of people simply do not make interior cleaning a priority, but you could very well be riding around with a whole lot of garbage or unnecessary items in your vehicle. This takes up space that could be used for passengers, probably increases your stress level and, depending on the items you have in your vehicle, might even be weighing you down and decreasing your fuel efficiency.
- Regular oil and air filter changes: Oil changes generally occur based on the mileage of the vehicle, but there are too many people who tend to procrastinate. Avoid procrastinating in the New Year, and give your car fresh oil when it needs it. In addition, change up your filters more consistently so you can achieve better engine performance.
- Check on your tires: Many people do not check their tires as frequently as they should, but it’s important to keep an eye on their condition all year long, especially if the temperature drops. You should keep an eye on your tire pressure, and add more air to your tires as needed. You should also be sure to regularly check the tread on your tires—if the tread starts to get too low, it could be a safety issue that you’ll need to resolve, as low tire tread results in less friction with the road.
- Organize your documents: As a car owner, you likely have lots of documents stashed away somewhere that relate to your vehicle, including your registration, insurance policies, title, loan documents and more. Take some time in this New Year to organize all of that paperwork, because you never know when you’re going to need to access it, and it’s important to be able to get at it as soon as you need it.
- Consider your driving habits: Another great resolution to make for the next year is to analyze your driving habits and be honest about where you can make some changes. If you have a tendency to speed, maybe your resolution should be to slow down a bit. You might also attempt to drive in more fuel-efficient ways, or avoid driving in nasty conditions.
These are just a few ideas for New Year’s resolutions for your vehicle. For more tips and information, contact an auto mechanic in Chino, CA at Gabriel’s Automotive & Towing today. We look forward to helping you take good care of your vehicle in 2019 and beyond!
Categorised in: Auto Mechanic
This post was written by Writer