Most Americans will travel at some point over the upcoming holiday season. But you may be wondering, “Is my car ready for the journey?” You may encounter winter weather—including cold temperatures, snow and ice—and the last thing you’ll want to be worrying about is whether your car will remain operational until you reach your destination.
That’s why it’s a smart idea to bring your car in to an auto mechanic in Chino, CA. An expert can make sure everything is in working order and give you peace of mind. There are also a few simple tips you can follow to ensure that your car is ready no matter what winter throws at it:
- Check the wipers: One thing we tend to forget about, especially with California’s weather, is our windshield wipers. Then, when you need them, they make an awful screeching sound and smear precipitation across the windshield. This can lead to poor visibility and be dangerous. Make sure those wipers are good to go before you hit the road. And while you’re doing that, top off the windshield wiper fluid as well.
- Check the tire pressure: Nobody wants to encounter a flat tire on a road trip. Plus, low tire pressure means worse fuel efficiency and stability. Check every tire and add air where needed. Temperature drops also negatively affect tire pressure, so you may want to check the tires a few times throughout your trip.
- Check the lights: Turn on the car, leave it in park and take a walk around. Are both headlights in working order? How about the taillights and brake lights? It’s a good idea to check these before you head out on the road to avoid dangerous driving.
- Roadside assistance: Sign up for a roadside assistance plan before making your journey. Your insurance policy may offer this for little or no additional cost.
- Bring an emergency kit: On the off chance that something does go wrong, you want to be prepared. A few blankets, jumper cables, an ice scraper and an emergency shovel are all items you’ll want to have stored in the trunk.
Do you need an expert auto mechanic in Chino, CA? Gabriel’s Automotive & Towing is a locally owned and family operated automotive shop in Chino, CA that has operated for more than 25 years. We’re a leading provider of full-service automotive maintenance and repair to our community. Over the years, we’ve built a reputation for delivering outstanding customer service, and we are honored to be your trusted neighborhood mechanic.
We serve the region of Chino, Chino Hills and all the surrounding communities, including Pomona, Ontario and Eastvale. Our goal is to ensure your satisfaction and help you get the most out of your vehicle. We’ll help you keep your warranty in effect by performing required scheduled maintenance. Regular service will help you avoid unexpected breakdowns caused by normal wear and tear. Call us today to learn more about our variety of services and get ready for your winter travels!
Categorised in: Auto Mechanic
This post was written by Writer