Your brakes are essential for the safe and effective operation of your vehicle. When brakes wear out, they prolong stop times and make it much more difficult for you to respond to sudden stops on the road. Worn brakes are associated with higher rates of accidents because they make your car so much more difficult to safely operate and bring to a stop. While all brakes will eventually wear down over time, there are some things that you can do to extend their longevity and help you avoid paying for premature or unnecessary auto repair in Chino, CA:
- Avoid heavy loads: The more weight you put on your car’s frame, the more pressure will be put on your brakes. While carrying a few things in your trunk every once in a while isn’t likely to make a big difference, you should avoid storing things in your car that might weigh it down.
- Be a defensive driver: If you see a driver ahead of you braking, it’s a good idea to decelerate accordingly. This allows you to avoid sudden braking and decreases the chance that you’ll end up in a collision with the car ahead of you.
- Go easy on the gas: Speeding isn’t just illegal—it can also do a real number on your brakes. The higher your speed, the more heavily you’ll have to utilize your brakes. Take it easy and avoid accelerating excessively. If you’re stuck in traffic, avoid starting and stopping constantly, and try matching your speed to the flow of traffic. Going at a consistent, slightly slower speed is much better than accelerating and braking over and over again.
- Invest in quality brakes: If you want your brakes to last, it’s important that you start by investing in quality brake pads. Even if you save a few dollars on lower quality brake pads, it won’t be worth it when you consider how much more frequently you will have to replace them.
- Check your fluids: You should always make sure that you’re topped up on brake fluid. You can do this yourself or have your mechanic do it when you go in for an inspection or a basic tune-up.
- Get regular service: Regular inspections are essential to the overall health and function of your vehicle. A mechanic will be able to catch small issues with your brakes and fix them before they become major problems. This will increase the lifespan of your brakes and of your vehicle as a whole.
If you need an inspection to ensure that your brakes are still in good shape, come to the professionals at Gabriel’s Automotive & Towing. For over 20 years, our team of trained and certified professionals has offered full-service automotive repairs, maintenance and service. We have extensive experience working on a wide variety of vehicles, including both foreign and domestic models. Our services include brake repairs, electrical work, air conditioning repair, diesel tune-ups and general auto repair in Chino, CA. To find out more about what we have to offer, take a look at our website or give us a call to speak to a member of our team.
Categorised in: Auto Repair
This post was written by Writer